Monday, May 9, 2011

The Beginning.

I have owned Fat Tony's Pizza in Morrisville, PA for 6 days and I don't think I have stopped running since then. 
Day 1: Ran out of supplies
Day 2: Got a huge pizza order for a local school (yay!) but got the order in the middle of my class (boo) so I had to tell my professor that I just bought a pizza business and I couldn't stay for class because there was no one there to handle the order! 
Day 3: Ran out of supplies again and then the worst thing ever- the phones stopped working!! On the phone for hours with Verizon trying to get someone out, first they said not until Monday (this was Friday!!) and then they promised they'd be out Saturday morning.  Of course that still meant that customers who called in just had the phone ring and ring and ring and ring with no answer.  What a great way to kick off the weekend.
Day 4: Verizon was supposed to be out first thing this morning... no show.  Waited until 11:00 before we called and had to explain everything all over again.  Finally someone came out, but he couldn't fix it, then he sent someone else out, and thankfully they replaced the deteriorated lines and everything was in working order again. 
Day 5: Ran out of bacon.  Delivery Driver called out, plus it was Mother's Day which I already thought would be a bad day, but turned out to be pretty good.  I guess as long as Mom doesn't have to cook people will give her pizza, pasta, or sandwiches. 

To top this all off we haven't gotten the bank situation straightened out and the only money I am currently taking in so in cash, because the bank won't let me open a business account yet.  Sigh...

Today is Day 6 and we are moments from opening for the day.  Fingers crossed it's gonna be a good. 

The only saving grace in this whole business is that the food has always been fantastic and continues to be so, it's just figuring out everything else. 

Fat Tony's Favorite of the Day: Margarita Pizza- Plum Tomato Sauce, Fresh Mozzarella, Basil and Olive Oil YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment